A silicon fuzz with a dark and brooding character, the Moon Fuzz is designed around the fuzz tones you can hear on Pink Floyd‘s Dark Side of the Moon from 1973. But the Moon Fuzz is a versatile pedal that goes way beyond that: at low settings it works great as an overdrive pedal, something atypical with fuzz pedals, and at maximum settings it delivers some thick and sick fuzz tones. The Moon Fuzz reacts greatly to your playing dynamics, and thanks to its voicing cuts perfectly through any mix.
Oppositely to many fuzz pedals the Moon Fuzz can be placed almost anywhere in your effect pedal chain with almost no change in the sound thanks to its internal configuration. Additionally, it’s very consistent and doesn’t “get out of control” to a point where it’s almost unplayable other fuzzes do. It has five knobs that will allow you to shape the sound to your desire:
– Volume, to set the amount of output of the pedal
– Pre adjusts the gain of the input transistor (noisier and more agrgessive all the way up, and quieter as you dial it back)
– Sharp sets the amount of bass that will go to the fuzz section. This translates in a sound going from a tight and thin to a full-voiced and thick.
– Gain lets you dial the fuzz from a gritty and touch sensitive overdrive to a fully saturated and aggressive fuzz.
– Filter sets the amount of brightness of the Moon Fuzz
Download here the manual for the Moon Fuzz Kit: